Tuesday, 30 March 2004:
I think the Fellowship is slowly being torn to bits. I don’t like what I see. We’re friends, not enemies. We should join forces with each other, not let ourselves slide into the abyss of friendlessness. I’m disturbed by the tension in our group. Some tension is okay, even encouraged. The tension we have isn’t it… and it’s been tense for much too long. I’m worried about us all. I don’t have the answer. There probably isn’t one solution, anyway. I miss the birthday parties that all of us were at and laughed and had a good time. THAT’s what the Fellowship is ultimately about. It’s not about our parents, or the title, or our characters, or even the story at all. It’s about us. The rest is just icing on the cake. Learn to love, respect, and forgive and everything will work out. I know this, and I know you all know it, too. Far be it for us to live it. I’m tired of the squabbling and arguing. Remember why the Fellowship was created in the first place — and who it was created for. I love you all, and I hope we can work things out. I know we can, if only we try.
Monday, 22 March 2004:
All right, so the first draft of Amedeus’ profile is up on the Fellowship’s official site (here). Go check it out if you like. Currently working on the second draft and her backstory/history. I’m also still working on the Shmunt Comics page, which I’m sure everyone in the Fellowship would like to read at one point or another. I told Shmunt (not his real name) that if he keeps sending me comics, I’ll make sure to put them up when I can. They would just be a page on THIS website, but I don’t have enough bandwidth for those kind of pictures, so a new website for him it is! In other news, Happy St. Patrick’s Day (it was last Wednesday) and Happy Ostara (that is, Vernal Equinox, which was last Saturday) to everyone who I love and cherish. And everyone else, too, I guess. My Spring Break wasn’t terrific, but I did get a LOT of schoolwork done, so at least that’s out of the way. More later.
Friday, 12 March 2004:
Hey all. To everyone in the Fellowship (you know who you are): I’m still working on Amedeus’ profile, so have no fear; I haven’t forgotten. I’m on spring break this week (beginning today and ending Sunday 21 March 2004, when I’ll return to school), so I won’t be online as much as I normally am. Just thought I’d let you all know that so you know I haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth. I won’t be able to readily check my email or check any websites until I return to school, so if you need to talk to me and it’s urgent enough, call me. I WILL take my phone with me and it’ll be on most of the time. I won’t have it WITH me everywhere I go during break, but I’ll be coming back to the same place every night and if you leave a message, I’ll be able to call you back. All right, to everyone, I miss you and hope you’re having a good time. W00t! No more classes for a whole week! Much needed break, here I come!
Tuesday, 09 March 2004:
- WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES? Plastic, green, bought at the beginning of this school year, and haven’t been used as yet.
- WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Art and Experience in Classical Greece by J.J. Pollitt for my Classical Art and Archaeology course this semester, and actually not that bad.
- WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don’t have one… but I have an optical mouse with a really nice red light thingy that hurts your eyes when you look at it the right way (or wrong way, as you like it).
- FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Chess and Monopoly.
- FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Umm, I don’t know. Don’t have one in particular.
- FAVORITE SMELL? Honestly? My mom’s cooking (no matter what it is), my sister’s room, my brother’s hair, and my dad’s hot soldering iron. Dorky, I know, but it’s true. Oh, and the smell of roses. Especially ones given to you by someone you love.
- LEAST FAVORITE SMELL? Dirty foot smell. It’s the worst in the world… right up there with day-old puke that’s been sitting in the sun baking all day. Both of those make me gag. I get sick (seriously, physically) when I smell them.
- FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP? Recently? Hmm… Random things including (but not limited to): “I miss my Boo-nay” (and yes, I really DID think “Boo-nay” as opposed to “Bunny”), “I hope today is Friday”, “I wish my alarm clock would just shut up”, “Where’s [my roommate]? I miss her”, “What? Wait… do I have class today? Maybe I’ll just skip it”, “Oh man, today had BETTER be a Saturday or Sunday… because otherwise I’m totally not going to my first class”, “Mmm, smells good, like [my roommate]”, “Warm. Good”… and etcetera.
- FAVORITE COLOUR? Violet.
- LEAST FAVORITE COLOUR? Hmm… possibly, neon orange, maybe?
- HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Two, assuming I actually answer the phone, which I definitely try to avoid on pain of freaking out really badly.
- FUTURE CHILD’S NAME? Girls: maybe Daylin Viannah or Katherine Victoria. Boys: maybe Nathan Amadeus or John Courtney. And yes, the spelling of all of the names is how I want it.
- WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Love for God, family, and friends. Helping others. Standing up for what you believe in. Being in love.
- WHAT SONG DESCRIBES YOU? “As I Lay Me Down” by Sophie B. Hawkins. If you have something better that you think fits me, please let me know.
- CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Depends on the medium in which we’re speaking. I usually go for both, anyway.
- DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes, when the right music is playing.
- DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Well, technically, no. But I do sleep with a doll; my Raggedy Ann doll. I love her with all my heart.
- STORMS – COOL OR SCARY? Cool.
- WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? A 1982 beige Honda Accord. Its name was Tyr, and it had a brown bobble-head dog named Jazz on its dashboard. I loved that car, but it died last year while I was away at school. It’s now in car heaven.
- IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE? God. Then Jesus… Maybe Shakespeare if both God and Jesus were unavailable.
- BIRTHDAY: June 3… you guess the year.
- DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes, if I don’t consciously decide not to. I was taught to eat everything on my plate, so I eat the crusts of pizza and sandwiches, too.
- IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE? Something I love to do that brings in a LOT of moola. I don’t mean to be crass, but really, I’ve gotta at least have a living wage.
- IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOUR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Um… the colour I have.
- HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Yes.
- IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? Depends on the day. Tends to be half empty, but I also tend to think that the glass is the wrong size anyway.
- FAVORITE MOVIE? Rigoletto, by far. And yes, I know that’s not what I wrote on my About*Me page. I love those movies, too.
- DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes. If my fingers are on the wrong keys, I start freaking out… OCD is like that, except in this case my OCD is actually not really technically OCD because typing on the right keys is considered a good thing. It’s not like closing the door three times and then checking the locks five times EVERY time I do ANYTHING. Okay… definitely off the subject. Moving right along…
- WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED? Well, dust bunnies, a little brown mouse that shares the room with my roommate and me (yes, it’s real, and yes, it’s alive), and junk that won’t fit anywhere else in my tinny little dorm room (which is a lot of stuff).
- FAVORITE NUMBER? 3.
- FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Um, none. Sports are weenies. I like cartoons.
- WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR? Being permanently alone. That is, being with a person or people who don’t love me. Also, never finding the One for me, with whom I’ll spend the rest of my life.
- PERSON MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL FIRST? Not an email, since I’m posting it, but nice try.
- PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Again, I’m posting it, so NO ONE will reply (technically), but nice try.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE? “Miracles: for those who do not believe, no explanation is possible; for those who do believe, no explanation is necessary.”